HEAL Alliance is collective, cooperative, transparent, global and inclusive.
- OUR GOAL: Fund the Cure. Test. Treat. Cure. Vaccinate. Prevent. Eradicate HIV.
- HEAL Alliance will work and collaborate with all, in the commons, who are committed to the mission to end HIV.
- HEAL Alliance is a global collective commons model. HEAL Alliance is not-for-profit.
- HEAL Alliance is a collective commons published and managed on blockchain, with modern tools and technologies.
What, where, when, how?
- Who controls what? Who decides what? Who gets what? How much and when?
- The commons is a collective governance model based on rules and principles agreed and supported by consensus.
- All are welcome to participate in the public health commons of HEAL Alliance.
What is a Collective Commons and how does it work?
The commons model has been implemented successfully for thousands of years in hundreds of cultures, everywhere. The commons model has been exceptionally well researched and understood. Elinor Ostrom was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economics (2009) “for her analysis of economic governance, especially the commons” in the field of economic governance.
Infectious Disease is a common problem in public health, for people everywhere. Infectious Disease knows no boundaries, no borders, no economics, no race and no culture. Infectious Disease is the fundamental battle of man vs. nature. People must utilize all available technologies, techniques and resources to defeat Infectious Disease. Nature, offers no free riders.
Infectious Disease is a common problem, therefore a collective commons model can be a logical and exceptionally powerful tool for the global community to eradicate infectious diseases.
In any commons model, engagement must be rewarded through participation and would-be ‘free riders’ must be disincentivized and ultimately sanctioned and/or excluded.
In local and global public health, to defeat and eradicate any Infectious Disease, transmission must be identified, monitored, contained and prevented. Ultimately all infections (i.e. HIV) must be identified, tracked, treated and cured whenever possible. Treatment, cure and vaccination are common transmission prevention tools. This requires knowledge and data sharing, cooperation, organization, technology, regulation, transparency- and sufficient funding with economic and political reward.
Currently there are over 37 million people living with HIV and 35 million have died of HIV/AIDS. The HIV epidemic continues to grow by 2 million infections per year (5%) with 1.2 million deaths per year. Reaching the “90-90-90” target by 2030 will be exceptionally challenging under the current global economic reality. New funding and a new approach is desperately needed.
Nobel Laureate Elinor Ostrom defined the eight (8) Principles for Managing a Commons:
- Define clear group boundaries.
- Match rules governing use of common goods to local needs and conditions.
- Ensure that those affected by the rules can participate in modifying the rules.
- Make sure the rule-making rights of community members are respected by outside authorities.
- Develop a system, carried out by community members, for monitoring members’ behavior.
- Use graduated sanctions for rule violators.
- Provide accessible, low-cost means for dispute resolution.
- Build responsibility for governing the common resource in nested tiers from the lowest level up to the entire interconnected system.
The mission of HEAL Alliance is to collectively fund and find the Cure for HIV faster and to Eradicate HIV, with Immunotherapy Cure Centers at participating institutions, in synergy with Cancer Immunotherapy and advanced technology and medicine.
HIV/AIDS and Cancer
AIDS is a disease of the immune system caused by infection of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Cancer is a disease of the immune system and is know in some cases to be caused by a diverse group of viruses. Cancer is the second leading cause of death for people living with HIV. Cancer Immunotherapy research and development (R&D) offers an important scientific and medical synergy and opportunity in the battle against the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
All are welcome to contribute and participate in the mission. Contact us. Thank you.